Friday, April 4, 2014

Faith & Prayer

Another movie, another night of tears. One line, said by one girl, bought up fears and emotions in a way I couldn't have imagined.
"I never thought someone like you would love a girl like me"
That was it, short and simple, and of course the movie played on. But not me, I cried & cried in a rush of memories and emotions. I instantly thought of my 3 gorgeous daughters and all this life will put them through. All the decisions they will face. To love or not to love, to run or to stay, to give in or fight for what they believe.
I spent most of my 20's believing no one would love a girl like me. Hearing this line immediately made me think of my beautiful girls. That I never want them to feel how I felt. I never want them to be hurt and know pain like I had known it. I want them to make great choices which lead them to live a great life.
And that, I know, completely depends on how we bring them up. In a home of love, where they know they are loved and know acceptance and are totally secure.
These toddler years are hard and feel like they are never going to end, but the thought of them being teenagers and then in their 20's requirers more faith and prayer then I truly realise.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that. I pray for my girls future husbands and that I will have enough wisdom, patience and grace for the teenage years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it. Its in all we do today that determins how those years will go. 2 words come to mind - Grace and Love

      Delete